Cleansing the body with smoothies and other juices have become a popular trend. Cleansing the body is a good way to start a healthier lifestyle.
When the body doesn’t get enough fiber, the food you eat gets backed up into the colon. When colon holds food, it can cause serious problems for people like impair your mental state. There are some who experience unnecessary fullness when the colon becomes improperly active.
Colon cleansing triggers a rapid bowel movement, which will rush you to the toilet pretty soon after. There are many different ways that you can clean your colon. Cleansing the colon is also a good way to lose weight, because cleansing the colon loosens the buildup in the colon and the body flushes it out. So, here are some foods that can help with cleansing your colon.
1. Dark leafy greens: Kale, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, peas, celery, leeks, spinach, asparagus, and seaweed are high in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll sticks to the lining of the intestines and blocks bacteria growth. Leafy greens are cruciferous vegetables which repairs the mucous lining of the gastrointestinal tract.
2. Chia seeds: Chia seeds contain anti-inflammatory properties that are good for helping with digestion and cleansing. They are low in calories, and they’re packed with nutrients that are great for the colon. Chia seeds contain fiber and omega three fatty acids, which helps reduce the risk of cancer, lung disease, and cardiovascular disease.
3. Apples: Apples contain fiber that helps with digestion and the cleansing of the colon.
4. Aloe vera juice: Aloe Vera is not only beneficial as a topical treatment for inflammation, but it is good for the immune system as well.
5. Garlic: this herb contains many antibacterial properties that help remove toxins. It also helps reduce inflammation in the colon, which aids in digestion.
6. Beans, lentils, and legumes: just eating 8-11 grams of these foods will increase your fiber intake. They are packed with B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, proteins, iron, and calcium. All of these nutrients prevent future toxins from coming into the body, and will make the body better at fighting diseases.
7. Avocado: Avocados are high in omega three fatty acids that are healthy fats that are great for the colon. Avocados also contain oils that prevent toxins from sticking to the intestinal wall.
8. Lemons: Consuming citrus fruits are great for health. Lemon water can begin the cleansing process in the body. Mixing lemon water with flax seeds will remove toxins very quickly from the body.
9. Cayenne: Cayenne pepper is a common spice, but it is also good for cleansing the colon. It is a mucus dissolver that helps loosen mucus buildup in the body.