There are different types of oats and they provide different nutrients. Steel oats are considered as the least processed type, so they are most difficult to prepare.
Some people prefer rolled oats because they are not processed like instant oats, but more processed compared to steel cut oats. What I’m trying to say is that the more processing there is, the fewer nutrients the oats have. So, rolled oats are considered as a happy medium since they are easier to prepare compared to steel cut oats and provide more nutrients than instant oats.
Overnight oats recipes can help you to save a lot of time. As you can see by its name, you should prepare the oats the night before, and eat them in the morning. This will help you to avoid the morning rush.
Why Should You Eat Oats to Lose Weight?Oats are an excellent source of fiber, an essential nutrient for improving digestive health. Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day. It supplies your body with energy that will help you get through the day. Overnight oats will boost your energy and will supply your body with fiber that can control your appetite. Fiber will boost your metabolism as well.
However, if you want to obtain the best results, make sure to exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet.
You can choose some of the overnight oats recipes below! Check them out!
1. Raspberry, Almond, and Coconut Overnight OatsThis recipe is for one serving.
* ½ a cup of rolled oats
* ½ a cup of unsweetened coconut milk
* ½ a cup of raspberries (frozen ones work well too)
* 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract
* 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon of raw honey
* 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
* ½ a tablespoon of sliced almonds
Add the oats, raspberries, milk, cinnamon, extract, and raw honey in a pint size glass mason jar. Stir the ingredients in order to combine them. Place a lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight. It is recommended to keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days. Once you are ready to serve, add the almonds and coconut. Make sure to stir well then you can serve.
2. Nut Butter and Banana Overnight OatsThis recipe is for all those who like peanut butter. As with the first recipe, this one does not include cooking or baking. Just mix the ingredients, place it in the fridge and leave it overnight.
* ½ cup of rolled oats
* ½ a cup of almond milk
* 2 tablespoons of nut butter of choice
* ½ a ripe banana
* 1 tablespoon of unsalted nuts of choice
First, pour the milk into a jar. Stir the nut butter into the milk until it is combined. Add the rolled oats and the thinly-sliced banana. Stir well the ingredients in order to combine them. Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate it overnight. In the morning, stir the oats and add the almond milk. Sprinkle the nuts on top and serve.
3. Blueberry Walnuts Overnight OatsThis recipe is a delicious healthy breakfast. As with the previous recipes, you should prepare in the same way.
* ½ cup of rolled oats
* ½ a cup of coconut milk (or milk of choice)
* ½ cup of frozen blueberries
* 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
* 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
* 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts
Mix all the ingredients in a mason jar. Stir well until the oats are thoroughly coated in liquid. Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate it. In the morning, you should stir in a little coconut milk to in order to loosen up the oats.